shoyu

Registered Member
Hello,

I’m relatively new to the whole IDES/MEB/PEB forums and I can’t seem to find any help outside of these forums. I’m hoping anyone has any pointers/guidance to share with me.

Backstory:
I got notified in January that I will need an IRILO. I completed that with my PCM and a NARSUM was drafted. I then was notified by leadership to finish sign the Commander’s Impact Statement in which I concurred with the “Do not retain” selection. Within about 3 days, I found out that the AFPC simply noted a “RTD” and that left me with my FL4:Return to Duty with limitations. I spoke with my PEBLO about the disposition and was informed that there are many different ways this can play out. If I’m put up for an assignment/TDY and I’m limited because of my condition, that’s potentially when the process can be restarted but other than that, I’m at a dead end. I get that every case is different but I feel like this can’t be the end of the journey. Is there anything/anyone I can talk to about the findings from AFPC? I’m curious about alternative avenues I may be able to take because a full MEB wasn’t initiated. I’ve also have been shooting in the dark because I can’t reach the right people to talk to about this. Has anyone else experienced something like this and found a way to get the MEB rolling? I just feel like my condition is being down-played as something mild.

*I forgot to note that I’m undergoing treatment bi-weekly with biologics

What was your referred condition? Usually a MEB gets kicked back if there's a determination that treatment pathways weren't explored in full or if the referred issue doesn't clash with the branch's retention standards.

Have you reviewed if your referred condition clashes with branch standards for retention? What has your PCM said about this entire situation?