Seattle Regional VA Timelines:

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the IRS can go paperless with their tens of millions of "claims" every year and have an answer for you in 2 weeks, why can't the VA go paperless and processe claims in 90 days. Looking at the picture above it makes me cringe. And it's no wonder it takes 11 months to resolve claims.

Well my first change in status came this morning, i got my email from my congressman that they had called Seattle and wouldnt you know it my claim now says special correspondence, more information is needed about your case!!!!

YOU SUCK! But I'm so happy for you. Did DAV call you or did you call them? My DAV rep was great at first, but now I feel like I'm bugging him when I ask anything. Then again he told me to wait a couple of weeks, and I waited exactly one week before asking him for another update.

Does DAV stay active on cases? Or are they there for when you want info/help?

Dude I bet your psyched! What were your ratings??

I was an anoying pest to everyone I could be. Not the best thing, but it worked for me. I asked the DAV if they could send an inquiry about whats taking so long and it just rocketed my claim from 0-100.

My ratings were just what we wanted: 10% DOD (Lump SUM to pay for down payment on house) and 60% VA so thats a nice chunk of change every month for someone who GOD willing will still be physically able to work a decent job. I am ready to get out of here. Got my leave form signed by Company Comander and now have to get the BN CO to sign and I will be set to go. Good luck.

Sorry its been a few days. They have mee on cq everyother day. But good news. Friday I reciwved notification from dav that they were able to get the va to complete my case it was sent to peb fri. i signed 199 tooday and told couple days for seperation letter. i feel so blessed.. i will keep yall updated. good luck everyone.

Congratulations, brother!

Best Wishes!

Well my first change in status came this morning, i got my email from my congressman that they had called Seattle and wouldnt you know it my claim now says special correspondence, more information is needed about your case!!!!

Maybe this is the proven route for an expeditiously processed IDES claim...

Best Wishes!

I was an anoying pest to everyone I could be. Not the best thing, but it worked for me. I asked the DAV if they could send an inquiry about whats taking so long and it just rocketed my claim from 0-100.

My ratings were just what we wanted: 10% DOD (Lump SUM to pay for down payment on house) and 60% VA so thats a nice chunk of change every month for someone who GOD willing will still be physically able to work a decent job. I am ready to get out of here. Got my leave form signed by Company Comander and now have to get the BN CO to sign and I will be set to go. Good luck.

Nevertheless, you obtained the desired outcome anticipated! :)

Best Wishes!

So is this saying you need some other exams...if so why hasn't anyone called and said that to you. VA is just sitting on claims that could be resolved sooner with an email or phone call. They look at it and say oops it needs more information...I can put it in the pending pile instead of doing my job...as you can tell I'm very disgruntled!!!

called msc and he looked at it, its my congressional inquiry. It stated they recieved it and have 5 days from yesterday to respond as to what the hell the hold up is!

So is this saying you need some other exams...if so why hasn't anyone called and said that to you. VA is just sitting on claims that could be resolved sooner with an email or phone call. They look at it and say oops it needs more information...I can put it in the pending pile instead of doing my job...as you can tell I'm very disgruntled!!!

No, it's quite understandable...:mad:

Best Wishes!

Well 106 days since unfit memo I think I am one of those guys where his file is collecting dust and is being overlooked day in and day out. Peblo has no idea and MSC is no help stress over not knowing is what gets us the most.

Well 106 days since unfit memo I think I am one of those guys where his file is collecting dust and is being overlooked day in and day out. Peblo has no idea and MSC is no help stress over not knowing is what gets us the most.

You are a little behind me. You need to get someone involved, congress or IG. My PEBLO is a numnut. He didn't even know I had gotten my unfit memo.

Thanks Ben,
I will be using this to update my chain of command on the next training meeting just so they can see just what a back-log there is. Its comical but sad that there is such a slow progression to the packets glad that I am not in the 120+ days but if I was I would definately be right in line to talk to my congressman. On day 42 and waititng .......

Inspector general.

I called my dav. Didn't get the person I usually do. He was telling my why did I call back so early? I told him anything can change within 10 days. He said the va claim takes a year, I was like I'm in the ides for the army. You mean the des he says. No, anyways I asked anything changed. His response is I can't look into anything with ides only the va! Guy has to be stupid. I gave him my case number and he said a total different name. Idk I really need to go on this leave. As I keep seeing people get their ratings back even people who started after me. Gets frustrating

I called my dav. Didn't get the person I usually do. He was telling my why did I call back so early? I told him anything can change within 10 days. He said the va claim takes a year, I was like I'm in the ides for the army. You mean the des he says. No, anyways I asked anything changed. His response is I can't look into anything with ides only the va! Guy has to be stupid. I gave him my case number and he said a total different name. Idk I really need to go on this leave. As I keep seeing people get their ratings back even people who started after me. Gets frustrating
I think you just need to go on leave and distract yourself from it for a bit. I think it would be good for you. I was getting ready to do a leave form for that exact reason right before my ebenefits finally updated with something that looked hopeful.

called msc and he looked at it, its my congressional inquiry. It stated they recieved it and have 5 days from yesterday to respond as to what the hell the hold up is!
Im hoping you don't get some BS loaded response to the effect of... "We received claim on such and such date... this is the current status of it blah blah blah... Were working as fast as we can to complete the claim blah blah blah.."

I'm not sure if this is the way to contact my congressman, but I went ahead and submitted an online request to support my case. We'll see how that goes since I'm already at 134+ days for the PEB process.

Is there any other way?

Status
Not open for further replies.