TDRL

This thread is dedicated to special issues regarding the Temporary Disabled Retired List.

I have a question about the tdrl option. I went to my formal peb and they sustain the claims of those conditions that were asked about at the peb. I'm currently one hundred percent at the v a and twenty percent with the army . I'm trying to medically retire and as we know the magic number is thirty percent I have twenty percent on bulging disk in my l five s one. I have radiculpathy checked on my narsum so the question is on my varr do I request my ptsd be added and radiculpathy and if i do will that put me on the term. Secondly how likely will the rating change affecting my overall ratings.

Thank you

I have a question about the tdrl option. I went to my formal peb and they sustain the claims of those conditions that were asked about at the peb. I'm currently one hundred percent at the v a and twenty percent with the army . I'm trying to medically retire and as we know the magic number is thirty percent I have twenty percent on bulging disk in my l five s one. I have radiculpathy checked on my narsum so the question is on my varr do I request my ptsd be added and radiculpathy and if i do will that put me on the term. Secondly how likely will the rating change affecting my overall ratings.

Thank you

VARR only addresses the percentage of rating for a unfitting condition, nothing else. If you feel that the 20% for you back was incorrectly rated, then you can present evidence to the contrary.

If you would like PTSD or radiculopathy to be considered as unfitting, you would want to request a formal PEB and present evidence why you feel that the condition(s) do not meet the retention standards (AR 40-501, Chapter 3) for the Army.

VARR only addresses the percentage of rating for a unfitting condition, nothing else. If you feel that the 20% for you back was incorrectly rated, then you can present evidence to the contrary.

If you would like PTSD or radiculopathy to be considered as unfitting, you would want to request a formal PEB and present evidence why you feel that the condition(s) do not meet the retention standards (AR 40-501, Chapter 3) for the Army.

What if i have already had my formal? Matter of fact I just got back from it but based off my lawyers guidance we didn't add those things

PDA is the Physical Disability Agency, they do the final rating of the PEB.

So am i past the point to add radiculpathy and ptsd

You are going to have to run this by your MEB attorney. They should have requested this by FPEB. Hopefully they have a good enough argument to raise the rating on your unfitting condition with the VARR.

Ok it's my peb and it's linked to my back that ia unfitting. So the thought is it's in my narsum but never rated so request it be added to my back giving me 30% and military retired

I mean it's in my documents from the Va over and over and in records dating back to 2012

Hi. I just called the VA asking about the letter they would sent to me about the reeval. I got medically retired September 2015 and started getting benefits October 2015 from the army( 30%) and the VA(100%). They placed me on TDRL for my shoulder surgery and hip. I haven't received my letter yet, should I be worried?

I've seen mention of setting up a TDRL account. Who is this done through?

I start TDRL on the 25th. 70%DOD 70% VA. I have my first VA appointment in April. I planned on going to the VA for care because it's close. The nearest MTF is very far and I can't drive. When it comes time for re-evaluation will my VA records count as current treatment records/evidence? Or does it have to be from an MTF? Will the Re eval be through the VA or at an MTF? My unfitting condition is PTSD

I start TDRL on the 25th. 70%DOD 70% VA. I have my first VA appointment in April. I planned on going to the VA for care because it's close. The nearest MTF is very far and I can't drive. When it comes time for re-evaluation will my VA records count as current treatment records/evidence? Or does it have to be from an MTF? Will the Re eval be through the VA or at an MTF? My unfitting condition is PTSD

They may just do a VA records review, or they may actually send you to the nearest MTF. Don't worry about the transportation right now, something will work out in the future.

Focus on getting treatment at the VA, don't miss scheduled appointments.

Retired TDRL April 2016, 70% PTSD (combat related) DoD, 90% VA, Air Force approved CRSC for combat PTSD June 2016. VA started re-eval Dec 2016 and completed re-eval in April 2017; result of re-eval was VA rating remains 70% PTSD, also no change to other VA claims so VA total remains 90%, but one change was VA made rating P&T. Called Air Force TDRL office yesterday to let them know VA re-eavl was complete and have a current VA rating. They informed me they had received VA info and already sent case over to IPEB for TDRL review on 21 April. I asked if I needed to submit anything more and they said no because they had access to VA re-eavl and all VA treatment records and that is all the IPEB would use that in the review process. Two questions:
1. Does that sound right as far as nothing more required from me because they have access to all VA re-eval/treatment records? What they seem to imply is that the IPEB will take what the VA has concluded and concur and move me to PDR. I try not to read to much into the phone conversation comments cause I don't trust it til I see it in writing. So definitely not counting on anything until I get official notification from Air Force.
2. Also, does anyone have any recent experience with how long Air Force is taking to complete TDRL reviews? (like many of us with anxiety issues I'm trying not to obsess over this stuff but its tough)

Wow. Somebody actually got CRSC for PTSD from the Air Force. I'm amazed.