Two C&P exams for the same condition conducted three weeks apart

SOFVET

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I recently had a C&P exam (C Spine and Lumbar) conducted by QTC on July 12 for a possible ratings increase. Then, two weeks later, I was finally accepted into the IDES process and contacted by my PEBLO. Three weeks after the ratings increase QTC exam I was scheduled by the VA to have my IDES C&P exams (multiple). Cervical and Lumbar were scheduled again. The ROM for both cervical and lumbar are vastly different between the QTC exam and the VA location IDES exam. Will the NARSUM write up include the QTC exam? I uploaded it into the new claim on Ebenifits so both the QTC and IDES exams are available. The QTC ROM more closely relates to my daily average. Also, I was submitted for neck and back pain only for not meeting retention standards. Will the DOD consider my upper and lower bilateral radiculopathies when it comes time for rating purposes. How do I insure all unfitting conditions are rated and not just neck and back "pain"? I haven't received a copy yet, but, my NARSUM is being transcribed by my PEBLO's assistant now. Do I wait for the NARSUM to arrive for review and then try to get the conditions added to the DOD side? All of my conditions are service connected and directly effect my MOS duties as well as my Technician job.

NARSUM should be based off of QTC. Try to get them to add the radiculopathy. If they do not, request an IMR, if that is unsuccessful then take it to a formal board when the time comes.

I've got a legal teleconference this morn at 0800. I'm going to submit a statement of views along with a resubmittal of medical documentation from my neurosurgeon and the VA medical hospital which verify radiculopathy. I'll keep you posted. Thanks for your input and advice.