Jason Perry

Founder and Leader
Site Founder
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
Official_VA_Seal_embossed_web_3in.gif

Please note that the VA has been updating the VASRD.

Currently, the VA has updated the schedule for the following conditions with criteria that are not updated in this forum:

Hemic and Lymphatic systems,
Dental and oral conditions,
Conditions related to the endocrine system,
Gynecological conditions and disorders of the breast
Diseases of the eye,
Skin conditions.

I am working on updating the VASRD listings on the forum. In the meantime, you can find the most recent ratings here:

Official_VA_Seal_embossed_web_3in.gif

Last edited:
Hello mr.Perry
I was wondering if you could give me some advice. Im rated at the VA for the following
TBI 100%
MIGRAINES 50% secondary to tbi
PTSD 30%
Back 50%
Tinitus 10%
I just went through my 1st re-evaluation and they combined my PTSD and TBI but it stayed at 100. The TBI is connected to multiple IED blasts from 2004. I auido have letters from my neurologist and psychologist stating that in their opinion it will never get better since its been 15+years. Is there anything I can do to get them to mark it as P&T? I an already scheduled for another re-examination in 3 years and they are horrible. I would just like to move on and have some closure on all if this.
Thanks in advance
Jeff

I wonder how this rewrite will play out.... let’s say they rewrite sleep apnea needing CPAP and change it from 50% to 30%. Would they go back and lower everyone’s rating who has sleep apnea? Or would you be able to keep your rating based on the old VASRD?

I wonder how this rewrite will play out.... let’s say they rewrite sleep apnea needing CPAP and change it from 50% to 30%. Would they go back and lower everyone’s rating who has sleep apnea? Or would you be able to keep your rating based on the old VASRD?
No they can and will not go back and retroactively lower anyone's rating. The schedule that is in force at the time of decision/award will always be guiding.

@Jason Perry or anyone else. If a VASRD update takes effect during an MEB (after initial ratings but before final ratings for DOD% - maybe during an appeal), will the Soldier get rated under the new criteria? What about if the VASRD update takes effect during TLDR? In my case, the changes would be favorable.

Thanks!!