What kind of OER should I "expect" to get in the MEB year?

WaltChamberlian

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Kind of a self-explanatory question. I have been going through the process leading toward MEB since about July, truthfully. I was put in for it in September. I am in my fourth year as a Major. Obviously, I have not performed super well, or else I would not be getting boarded.

I am a medical provider and although I do not need a "top block" or ACOM, I also do not need to get slammed on my way out the door. I will need a job when I leave the army. What normally happens in this situation.

I had 3 ACOM in a row before the meb but my MEB took a year and they gave me a com. I told them don’t waste another acom on me as the writ My was on the wall and we all knew I’d be found unfit.

I retired in 1991 and not once has anyone asked to see a copies of my NCOERs. I was usually asked for my college credentials. I suppose some DoD elements might ask to see the OER; I never considered that previously.

Ron

No one asked for those its only required if for some extreme reason you decided to come back, join the guard or be involuntary called back the next unit would know where to place you based off your last rating. Kinda crazy huh? For a job, I would focus on getting reference letters from your supervisors that's what civilians are going to want to see. Update or create a LinkedIn account and start networking immediately networking is everything in the civilian world.

I concur with the above posters. It's a moot issue.

I took a lower eval for the sole purpose of helping the CO's average and bumping a fellow graded officer since it didn't matter for me.

I was ITZ for promotion as I was finishing my MEB (just waiting on retirement orders). My wing commander asked for Promotion Recommendation Form input. I put one word on the form and sent it to him for signature. He called right back and said that was fast!

BL: It doesn't matter. Do one in the civilian word is going to ask for a military performance record!