Current Time Line A/D USMC

Hopefully your get your results this or next week
That would be amazing. I know things are slowly picking up but if the numbers my PEBLO shared with me are accurate there are still over 1000 cases in front of mine as of yesterday.

I remember you had posted that your PEBLO said you were case 3000 something out of 3500 something or so. If that's to be trusted then there was a MASSIVE number of April cases, once complete and we move to mid May cases then everything else should be a breeze
yeah, definitely difficult to get accurate/reliable information on how big the backlog is/was. I know a lot of cases went to the PEB in April/May because QTC started doing exams again in Jan/Feb so that coupled with the PEB letting all their people leave without replacements really messed up timeliness of getting results back. I'm hoping the numbers were wildly inaccurate because I can't see the PEB getting through that many cases before the end of the year. Either way, it is promising to see more and more folks are getting their findings.

Yeah PEBLO showed me the number today and how many days I’ve been at the med officer.
Oh ok, I was wondering. Mine told me to call on the 28th to get an update. I didn’t know there was an actual system with numbers. I’m probably number 5299 lol

Guys, I've been on the PEB since March of 2020, all VA Appts completed in Sept 2020 and my case was just approved by the PEB in July. I'm losing my damn mind over here.

@downandoutsailor21

Are you saying you wish you'd just separated when your current contract had ended instead of being in IDES and having your contract extended? I know two Marines in my command were able to withdraw from the IDES process in order to EAS because they felt it was the better way forward for them. It can be done but it is a difficult process to be removed from IDES prior to receiving findings.

I don't know your personal situation but going through IDES generally benefits the service member a great deal when compared to simply getting out at the end of your contract. You stand to miss out on receiving medical retirement or medical severance pay depending on your DoD rating. You can also delay your VA case and reception of benefits because the process the VA follows is different when you aren't enrolled in IDES.

@downandoutsailor21

Are you saying you wish you'd just separated when your current contract had ended instead of being in IDES and having your contract extended? I know two Marines in my command were able to withdraw from the IDES process in order to EAS because they felt it was the better way forward for them. It can be done but it is a difficult process to be removed from IDES prior to receiving findings.

I don't know your personal situation but going through IDES generally benefits the service member a great deal when compared to simply getting out at the end of your contract. You stand to miss out on receiving medical retirement or medical severance pay depending on your DoD rating. You can also delay your VA case and reception of benefits because the process the VA follows is different when you aren't enrolled in IDES.
Before the PEB started, my doctor offered me admin Sep instead of going through the whole PEB phase. I’m saying, I wish I would of choose that option instead. I would of been out. I’m going to see if I still have that offer at my next appointment. I don’t have have 6 months in me to wait around for answers

Before the PEB started, my doctor offered me admin Sep instead of going through the whole PEB phase. I’m saying, I wish I would of choose that option instead. I would of been out. I’m going to see if I still have that offer at my next appointment. I don’t have have 6 months in me to wait around for answers
Definitely an uncommon situation to go the admin sep route but here is a a reference that could maybe help you advocate for that outcome

"MILPERSMAN 1900-120 SEPARATION BY REASON OF CONVENIENCE OF THE GOVERNMENT - MEDICAL CONDITIONS NOT AMOUNTING TO A DISABILITY"

This reference has two items that could be a hurdle for you if you pursue a medical adsep. You need a determination that no conditions warrant referral to IDES and the condition that is grounds for ADSEP must be CnD which means the condition is not disabling.

"h. Whether initiated by the command or the Service member, a letter from a medical officer recommending ADSEP for CnD is required. Medical officer recommendations must document (1) diagnosis warranting recommendation for ADSEP, (2) rationale for ADSEP recommendation, (3) determination that no conditions potentially warrant a DES referral and (4) international statistical classification of diseases and related health problems (ICD-10) code(s). i. All medical officer recommendations for ADSEP for CnD must be endorsed by a Bureau of Medicine and Surgery (BUMED)- appointed medical evaluation board (MEB) prior to separating a Service member."

"a. Medical conditions interfering with a member’s performance of duty, but not specifically listed as compensable under the veterans affairs schedule for rating disabilities, may be eligible for separation for conditions not amounting to a disability (CnD)"

Hope this helps answer some of your questions.

Attachments

• 1900-120.pdf
    177.2 KB · Views: 4
Idk if the navy has anything like the Marines “home awaiting orders”. Essentially you get placed on home duty while you wait for the PEB if you have a hardship going on. You could also argue mental health.

Definitely an uncommon situation to go the admin sep route but here is a a reference that could maybe help you advocate for that outcome

"MILPERSMAN 1900-120 SEPARATION BY REASON OF CONVENIENCE OF THE GOVERNMENT - MEDICAL CONDITIONS NOT AMOUNTING TO A DISABILITY"

This reference has two items that could be a hurdle for you if you pursue a medical adsep. You need a determination that no conditions warrant referral to IDES and the condition that is grounds for ADSEP must be CnD which means the condition is not disabling.

"h. Whether initiated by the command or the Service member, a letter from a medical officer recommending ADSEP for CnD is required. Medical officer recommendations must document (1) diagnosis warranting recommendation for ADSEP, (2) rationale for ADSEP recommendation, (3) determination that no conditions potentially warrant a DES referral and (4) international statistical classification of diseases and related health problems (ICD-10) code(s). i. All medical officer recommendations for ADSEP for CnD must be endorsed by a Bureau of Medicine and Surgery (BUMED)- appointed medical evaluation board (MEB) prior to separating a Service member."

"a. Medical conditions interfering with a member’s performance of duty, but not specifically listed as compensable under the veterans affairs schedule for rating disabilities, may be eligible for separation for conditions not amounting to a disability (CnD)"

Hope this helps answer some of your questions.
Thanks for that. Looks like I’m stuck.

Idk if the navy has anything like the Marines “home awaiting orders”. Essentially you get placed on home duty while you wait for the PEB if you have a hardship going on. You could also argue mental health.
You can do that before you have findings ?