Current Time Line A/D USMC

Yeah on the "Home awaiting findings/Home awaiting orders" through the USMC is sometimes a difficult process. My stuff isn't at the PEB yet, but as soon as it is I am going to submit a package for that. Due to my situation and mental health I don't have much doubt that it won't be accepted, but I have heard they turn a lot of them away. So if you do that route just make sure to add as much in there as possible. I haven't found the order on it yet or what the process is to submit it, but that's one of my goals this weekend. From my XO who's been in the IDES as long as me (July 2021) he said he's only seen one accepted due to the health status of one of the family members in that Marines family. Because they never filled my LIMDU stuff right sending me to IDES I have the "option" to either EAS or push to continue this process and everything I've been told it will be around 12 months in it's entirety from when they fix my records. So to me my time is more precious that money or benefits. I'm half way across the country from my family and my spouse is Air Force and goes TDY/TAD all the time so we're coming massively out of pocket to send our kids to family to stay every few weeks so I'm hopeful HQMC will agree and approve mine once I'm submitted for my PEB.

Yeah on the "Home awaiting findings/Home awaiting orders" through the USMC is sometimes a difficult process. My stuff isn't at the PEB yet, but as soon as it is I am going to submit a package for that. Due to my situation and mental health I don't have much doubt that it won't be accepted, but I have heard they turn a lot of them away. So if you do that route just make sure to add as much in there as possible. I haven't found the order on it yet or what the process is to submit it, but that's one of my goals this weekend. From my XO who's been in the IDES as long as me (July 2021) he said he's only seen one accepted due to the health status of one of the family members in that Marines family. Because they never filled my LIMDU stuff right sending me to IDES I have the "option" to either EAS or push to continue this process and everything I've been told it will be around 12 months in it's entirety from when they fix my records. So to me my time is more precious that money or benefits. I'm half way across the country from my family and my spouse is Air Force and goes TDY/TAD all the time so we're coming massively out of pocket to send our kids to family to stay every few weeks so I'm hopeful HQMC will agree and approve mine once I'm submitted for my PEB.
I believe the order says you have to use all of your leave days so you should probably do that before you submit.

I believe the order says you have to use all of your leave days so you should probably do that before you submit.
Yeah, it's something odd like that. I come from a disbursing back ground and I know their regs state something like that in the manner of it "uses" your leave days and any you accrue so you'll have a zero balance once everything is said and done.

Yeah, it's something odd like that. I come from a disbursing back ground and I know their regs state something like that in the manner of it "uses" your leave days and any you accrue so you'll have a zero balance once everything is said and done.
Not a bad trade off to spend the rest of your time at home instead of being harassed by a toxic ass command.

Also I would like to say that In the order it says usually when you do this it can severely screw your pay and benefits up.

Also I would like to say that In the order it says usually when you do this it can severely screw your pay and benefits up.
Yeah, that's the only thing I'm worried about, but I've got enough income from other sources coming in that I'm not worried about a little less pay. Do you know the order by chance or have seen it?

Yeah, that's the only thing I'm worried about, but I've got enough income from other sources coming in that I'm not worried about a little less pay. Do you know the order by chance or have seen it?
Yeah the order is the Marine Corps retirement and separations manual. There isn’t a whole lot of info on it but it is in there.

Did you find further guidance on how to submit for it, aside from the two vague paragraphs in the MARCORSEPSMAN?

So, I don't see anything in the order that allows for a Marine to go home before the PEB has made a determination. The outbound seps page, the Marine Corps Leave and Liberty Policy, and the Marine Corps Separation Manual all state that a Marine must be found unfit and accept those findings to be sent home awaiting orders.

MARCORSPEMAN 8504. DISPOSITION OF PERSONNEL AWAITING FINAL DETERMINATION OF PHYSICAL DISABILITY (HOME AWAITING ORDERS)
"1. A Marine on active duty found Unfit by the PEB, whose continued treatment is not warranted, and who has unconditionally accepted the preliminary findings of the Informal PEB may, subject to the Marine's consent and the command’s approval, be ordered home to await final disposition of proceedings."

MCO 1050.3J "25. Leave Awaiting Orders as a Result of Disability Proceedings. A Marine on active duty who has been found unfit to continue naval service by the Physical Evaluation Board (PEB) and who has unconditionally accepted the PEB finding may, subject to the Marine’s consent and the commanding officer’s approval, be ordered home to await final disposition of the disability proceeding, per the current edition of chapter 8 of reference (k)." MCO 1050.3J

<Outbound SEPS>
MARCOSEPMAN
"Requests for Orders home awaiting PEB will contain a completed signed copy of the findings of the PEB proceedings indicating the member is unfit for duty and has fully accepted the findings of the Board and that no further hospitalization or treatment is required."

So, I don't see anything in the order that allows for a Marine to go home before the PEB has made a determination. The outbound seps page, the Marine Corps Leave and Liberty Policy, and the Marine Corps Separation Manual all state that a Marine must be found unfit and accept those findings to be sent home awaiting orders.

MARCORSPEMAN 8504. DISPOSITION OF PERSONNEL AWAITING FINAL DETERMINATION OF PHYSICAL DISABILITY (HOME AWAITING ORDERS)
"1. A Marine on active duty found Unfit by the PEB, whose continued treatment is not warranted, and who has unconditionally accepted the preliminary findings of the Informal PEB may, subject to the Marine's consent and the command’s approval, be ordered home to await final disposition of proceedings."

MCO 1050.3J "25. Leave Awaiting Orders as a Result of Disability Proceedings. A Marine on active duty who has been found unfit to continue naval service by the Physical Evaluation Board (PEB) and who has unconditionally accepted the PEB finding may, subject to the Marine’s consent and the commanding officer’s approval, be ordered home to await final disposition of the disability proceeding, per the current edition of chapter 8 of reference (k)." MCO 1050.3J

<Outbound SEPS>
MARCOSEPMAN
"Requests for Orders home awaiting PEB will contain a completed signed copy of the findings of the PEB proceedings indicating the member is unfit for duty and has fully accepted the findings of the Board and that no further hospitalization or treatment is required."
I thought it was absolutely odd that on the FB group a female Marine was approved for this but had just had her case sent to the PEB like a month or two prior. There isn’t a whole lot of info I’ve been able to find and I decided to not even attempt it after my command told me to fuck off about wounded warrior.

Hello everyone,

i am new and I am trying to see if anyone has a similar timeline to me.

signed my package: 20210422
PEB accepted package: 20210520

I’m at 153 days and counting for some answers. Thanks

Hello everyone,

i am new and I am trying to see if anyone has a similar timeline to me.

signed my package: 20210422
PEB accepted package: 20210520

I’m at 153 days and counting for some answers. Thanks
Same day at PEB here. USN.

I thought it was absolutely odd that on the FB group a female Marine was approved for this but had just had her case sent to the PEB like a month or two prior. There isn’t a whole lot of info I’ve been able to find and I decided to not even attempt it after my command told me to fuck off about wounded warrior.
There’s some conflicting orders that are odd to try and sort out. As far as marcorpsman is considered you can do it after submitting to the PEB. The catch is you can’t challenge or request anything afterwards and if you’re found fit you’re footing your own bill to get back.

There’s some conflicting orders that are odd to try and sort out. As far as marcorpsman is considered you can do it after submitting to the PEB. The catch is you can’t challenge or request anything afterwards and if you’re found fit you’re footing your own bill to get back.
Can I see a list of orders you're looking at? I've seen a few from this thread but they have all said the peb has to determine you unfit before you can get HAO

My case was accepted 20210528, if anyone has a similar acceptance date and gets any updates, please let me know! Really desperate for some answers at this point.

My case was accepted 20210528, if anyone has a similar acceptance date and gets any updates, please let me know! Really desperate for some answers at this point.
I doubt anyone will personally let you know bud. But you are in the right place to follow people’s updates as they get their results.