I need help and no where to turn

Hi guys, I am being referred to PEB for Hidradenitis Suppurativa and Humira. I want to claim other things as well. Issue I'm having is my pueblo just got fired so the new one has no idea where I am or the job so they are no help. I've joined several groups but it seems no one has heard of my condition and last I have never went to medical and complained about other things. If I could deal with them I did. I thought I had another 10 years to start going to medical to make sure I had documentation for stuff. I know I have ptsd, I don't sleep well I drink too much. I've lost people. So it sucks. I just don't know where to start. I haven't had any appointments. The VA rep I have doesn't know squat either so who knows when I will get an appointment. Last I want to write all of this is a personal statement but can I include pictures there pretty graphic but it shows what I go through. Any help is appreciated.

Hello,

I am sorry to learn of your health problems. I wish you the best of luck,

You said, "...but can I include pictures there pretty graphic but it shows what I go through. Any help is appreciated." I don't think those pictures would assist in your getting the assistance you deserve here or on another board. I suspect your written description will suffice.

Ron
cc: @chaplaincharlie

Sorry. I mean can I submit pictures in my personal statement. Lol I wouldn't subject you guys to that lol

Sorry. I mean can I submit pictures in my personal statement. Lol I wouldn't subject you guys to that lol
Hello,

Thank you for your nice reply...

If you are speaking about a personal statement to facilitate the decisions yet to be made, I don't why not. Perhaps @chaplaincharlie might have some suggestions.

Good luck,
Ron

My expertise is NOT dermatology, so I'll stick to the PEB part of your situation. PEBLOs are paper pushers. I don't mean that disrespectfully, but it is true. They are told what to do and when to do so. Mine was honest with me, he often would say I'm not permitted to comment on X. The MSC (VA rep) has limited responsibilities. The MSC's job i to help you file your VA claim.

My expertise is NOT dermatology, so I'll stick to the PEB part of your situation. PEBLOs are paper pushers. I don't mean that disrespectfully, but it is true. They are told what to do and when to do so. Mine was honest with me, he often would say I'm not permitted to comment on X. The MSC (VA rep) has limited responsibilities. The MSC's job i to help you file your VA claim.
That is an excellent reply.

That fits the simple contributions I might make here. I ignore the disability information (e.g., broken arm, TBI, etc.) and just focus on the numbers associated with retired pay and/or CRSC. It isn't a matter of not caring; however, I do not have a medical background and can offer zero help in the medical areas. In other words, my "job" is similar to that of an accountant. PEBLOs and the MSC have limited responsibilities as well, as mentioned by chaplaincharlie.

Ron

Sorry me reply was brief, I had something to that needed my full attention. As for pictures, I think they are unnecessary. The MEB is a medical process and the MEB will have access to your medical records. The PEB, is a personnel process, but includes medical representation and the medics will likewise have access to your medical records.

When you say you don't know when you will get an appointment, which type of appointment? I'm not clear from your post,where you are in the PEB process.

im also on humira and getting medboarded for it. Is your goal to stay in or get out

@Nicole2482

I realized I did not answer the gist of your post which was in the title. The best AF resource is the AF Wounded Warrior program. It is housed at AFPC on Randolph AFB and is for ill, injuries or wounded Airmen. You can self refer. For information see: Air Force Wounded Warrior Program

Tricky situation you cannot just write a statement about all these problems because you have zero medical documentation to prove it. I think I would pass filing claims now that will be denied requiring you to file a supplemental later which requires a higher burden of proof with new and relevant evidence. You have up to one year post discharge to file a claim and it will be backdated from your last day of service. What you need to do is to make as many medical appointments as you can now especially with MH even if you get one appointment in that would be enough to establish a link to service and possibly a diagnosis as well. You cannot just write a statement claiming you have this or that you are not a doctor and cannot diagnose yourself. I would prioritize with MH and then go from there with your other ailments.

Hello everyone thank you for your advice. To clear some things up I am currently awaiting c/p appointments. I have also been making appointments with some of the other things that ail me and have been getting diagnosed with small things. So I'm hoping one to two appointments will suffice and that will be enough documentation.

im also on humira and getting medboarded for it. Is your goal to stay in or get out
I want to get out. I have 11 years in and although I love what I do, flare ups and taking this medication prevents me from going in deployments and doing my job. So for me instead of taking a desk job I rather bow out. Where are you in the process?

Also, about the picture, so with my condition some days I am fine and some days I can't move my arms or legs because of flare ups. I haven't had an appointment with a doctor where I was having a bad bad flare up. Only minor ones. So I take pictures of my arms and legs when I have bad ones. I keep hearing that if something is not debilitating then your rating will be reduced severely, so I want to prove that it is. The lawyer they set us up with is the one of told us to write a statement to the board about the condition that put us up for it. As this will be our only voice throughout the process.

Ive been on humira about 10 months now and they have coded me for an MEB but it am still waiting for my pcm to finish the narsum

Negative, not at that stage yet. which is fine with me a
i am trying to drag it out to my 20 year mark

Hi guys, I am being referred to PEB for Hidradenitis Suppurativa and Humira. I want to claim other things as well. Issue I'm having is my pueblo just got fired so the new one has no idea where I am or the job so they are no help. I've joined several groups but it seems no one has heard of my condition and last I have never went to medical and complained about other things. If I could deal with them I did. I thought I had another 10 years to start going to medical to make sure I had documentation for stuff. I know I have ptsd, I don't sleep well I drink too much. I've lost people. So it sucks. I just don't know where to start. I haven't had any appointments. The VA rep I have doesn't know squat either so who knows when I will get an appointment. Last I want to write all of this is a personal statement but can I include pictures there pretty graphic but it shows what I go through. Any help is appreciated.
So, the MEB refered you to the PEB correct,? The reason I’m asking is because prior to the MEB referring me to PEB they added additional 5 additional unfitting conditions on my refer condition but, At every stage of the process you can appeal and you’re entitled to legal assistance please see attached chart The process.

Attachments

• 00FA48C0-1FBE-4A13-B7CB-EB106A648BFF.png
    00FA48C0-1FBE-4A13-B7CB-EB106A648BFF.png
    2 MB · Views: 16