PEB Results - No Action Taken

As stated in other post, I have been dealing with various neurological issues for nearly 2 years now. I have been under the care of a local neurologist for quite some time who has already diagnosed me with small fiber neuropathy which is worsening and is leaning towards a diagnosis of MS due to many central nervous system issues that are caused by MS. He also diagnosed me with probable partial complex seizures after an abnormal EEG and some symptoms I reported. All that said, I underwent a Medical Evaluation Board a few months ago for (I don't have it in front of me so this isn't word for word):

1. Neuropathy that is affecting autonomic and all four limbs.
2. Sleep Apnea.
3. Other neurological issues causing (another word for seizures) controlled by anti-seizure medication.

I underwent my C&P exams at the VA and they went ahead and said I do have MS and I do have a seizure disorder.

The PEB returned my package today saying they were unable to adjudicate the package as it lacked a definitive diagnosis. It sounded like I would be returned to duty and once I got a "definitive diagnosis" another MEB could be done and another referral to PEB could be made.

What are my options here? Does this even sound right. I clearly have something wrong with me that is neurological in nature and that is affecting my ability to do my job. My other issue is I have to get out NLT 31 July due to being twice passed over and it would be much better getting out with some kind of medical discharge or retirement than merely separating with severance. Any advice or someone with similar experience. I will be meeting with the PEBLO on Monday next week to discuss.

How did they come up with 75%. I thought it all gets rounded to the nearest 0.

UPDATE: I Received the results of my PEB today. Permanent medical retirement at 75% for the AF and 100% for the VA. God is good!!!
Indeed, congratulations on the receipt of your IPEB findings with placement onto the DoD military PDRL! :D Take care! :cool:

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer!"

Best Wishes!

How did they come up with 75%. I thought it all gets rounded to the nearest 0.

VA rounds to the nearest 0. AF gives in increments of 10 up to 70 but also will give 75 in some cases as 75 is the most a person would get who served a full 30 year career. All of my unfitting conditions added up to 90% but 75% is the most the AF will give. It's arrived at like this. 30 years of service * 2.5 = 75%.

Last edited:
VA rounds to the nearest 0. AF gives in increments of 10 up to 70 but also will give 75 in some cases as 75 is the most a person would get who served a full 30 year career. All of my unfitting conditions added up to 90% but 75% is the most the AF will give. It's arrived at like this. 30 years of service * 2.5 = 75%.

That makes sense. My DoD rating ended up being roughly 73.8% and I only got a 70%. I thought I was missing out on 5% there. Congrats on the retirement :)

Thanks. Honestly, the most I expected was possible was 70 but when the PEBLO said 75 I had to clarify...LOL. It was truly a blessing. I was blessed with a son in mid-life who had 6 surgeries during the first 5 years of his life. So to be able to keep Tricare is the biggest blessing. The 75% is gravy :)

I might also add, thanks to my cardiologist letter tying diabetes, sleep apnea and heart disease together, they found the diabetes and sleep apnea unfitting as well which helped me out tremendously.