TIMELINE: MEB THROUGH PEB

The question on most of our minds is this:

How long is it all going to take?

This is an attempt to answer that question, but it's going to take all of us to do it. The idea is to give a very detailed account of the timeline of each person's case. It's one thing to say "in February I was tumpy tumpy" but there's a world of difference and two pay periods between the beginning of the month and end of it.

Somwhere there's the theory if the sample population (ours here) is large enough, it comes to represent the whole (all military members going through this). If there are enough people who take notes and are good at remembering dates, or do like I do and keep a monthly planner you can keep notes in, then it would go a long way to easing others' minds about how long they should really expect things to take.

I want to thank you all for participating!

-Guy

It's been almost 6 months for me. People complaining about 90 days... ridiculous to me. 2 weeks ago they told me that it was in the "final administrative process" and I should be getting my results any day. I'm not holding my breath anymore. I somehow doubt I'm ever going to get the results.

I hear ya! May 16 was the date my condition was discovered. They should have started it then because per reg: You must start the MEB process if the person has been hospitalized (which I was on May 16) for depression.

I hope I get the results before its been 2 years "in the system"

It's been almost 6 months for me. People complaining about 90 days... ridiculous to me. 2 weeks ago they told me that it was in the "final administrative process" and I should be getting my results any day. I'm not holding my breath anymore. I somehow doubt I'm ever going to get the results.

6 months for the whole process or 6 months of waiting just for the IPEB? The weird thing is from searching these forums, I have seen some posts of people who were getting results in 4-6 weeks. I wonder if it is dependent upon the complexity condition? How can some people get results in under 2 months while others who's package was submitted earlierto IPEB still wait?

This is 6 months for just the IPEB. My package was sent off to the IPEB on August 5th. I've yet to get results. My MEB portion took about a month.

This is 6 months for just the IPEB. My package was sent off to the IPEB on August 5th. I've yet to get results. My MEB portion took about a month.

That's not cool at all. I feel you pain. We should not be subject to that kind of delay. There must be more to it though, because others have posted on this forum with packages that went up in October with results in November. How do they get their results before you? We must be mission something. They are obviously not going in numerical order, or I guess like I said in my previous post the process must vary per condition and the complexity of the condition.

Air Force for some reason takes longer. Don't quote me....I'm not "in the know". Just what i've seen over the last year and a half on the board is AF pkgs going to AFPC are taking 3-4 months, sometimes longer--at AFPC. I don't think i've seen an AIR FORCE case get decided in the extremely short time periods. If someone told you you would be "done" in 4-5 wks...they much have not been paying attention. Recently, it seems we are closer to 16wks rather 12 (just what i've seen on the board)

I know everyone is anxious, but there should never have been an expectation that it would get done in a few weeks. My NARSUM is just about done....but i just had wrist surgery to repair the ligiments that were torn. I'm trying to get that covered so it is forced a minor delay.

Maybe someone with contacts at AFPC can lets know "officially" how long they are taking now.....

View attachment 512 View attachment 514

Air Force for some reason takes longer. Don't quote me....I'm not "in the know". Just what I've seen over the last year and a half on the board is AF pkgs going to AFPC are taking 3-4 months, sometimes longer--at AFPC. I don't think i've seen an AIR FORCE case get decided in the extremely short time periods. If someone told you you would be "done" in 4-5 wks...they much have not been paying attention. Recently, it seems we are closer to 16wks rather 12 (just what i've seen on the board)

I know everyone is anxious, but there should never have been an expectation that it would get done in a few weeks. My NARSUM is just about done....but i just had wrist surgery to repair the ligiments that were torn. I'm trying to get that covered so it is forced a minor delay.

Maybe someone with contacts at AFPC can lets know "officially" how long they are taking now.....

Here are a couple that I plucked from pages of this thread.

This one only took 1 month!

Re: TIMELINE: MEB THROUGH PEB

Date notified of MEB 2/20/2009
Physical Completed 3/05/2009
NARSUM 3/11/2009
MEB approved by approving authority 4/13/2009
Date I was counseled and concurred MEB 4/16/2009
MEB sent to PEB 4/16/2009
PEB adjudicated 4/17/2009
IPEB Results 20% separate with severance I concurred and signed 4/23/2009

Awaiting TRANSPOC notification and clear installation

Thanks to all who post here the information is invaluable. Especially when it enables you to walk in and say uhm no it's not done that way take a look at the new reg or message for this guidance.

SFran
This one took about 5 weeks
11 Nov 2009 - NARSUM received, reviewed, signed, etc
16 Nov 2009 - Sent off to PEB.
23 Dec 2009 - IPEB results back, fit for duty.
28 Dec 2009 - Request sent out for FPEB.
....more to come.

Last edited by Jeffb_79; 3 Weeks Ago at 06:12 PM.

And this one 4days! WTF?

3/20/2009 Notified That MEB Board was started by Unit "National Guard"
3/22/2009 Appointment with PEBLO at FT Knox, Ky
3/24/2009 Appointment with MEB Physician
4/9/2009 Commander Notified of MEB Action
4/23/2009 Appointments completed at FT. Knox
8/10/2009 MEB sent to me For Review
8/12/2009 MEB Returned signed to PEBLO
8/20/2009 MEB returned with signitures of approving athority to PEBLO
8/25/2009 MEB Forwarded to PEB
9/29/2009 Completed PEB sent to me for review awarding 60% TDRL
Another one that only took 1 month.
P3/referral to MEB for Chronic Back Pain: 30 Jul 09
Initial MEB Physical/Briefing: 25 Aug 09
Part II MEB Physical/ROM/NARSUM Draft: 24 Sep 09
DCSS approved NARSUM: 1 Oct 09
Reviewed/signed final NARSUM: 6 Oct 09
Packet sent to IPEB (Germany): 8 Oct 09
Received by PEB (D.C.): 9 Oct 09
IPEB Finding to PEBLO (Germany): 23 Oct 09
Sign IPEB Finding: 26 Oct 09(t).

Unfit finding, 40% PDRL.

Thanks be to God!!!

OPLAW11
Then I see others that took 4 months. I had a co-worker that went through the whole process at the end of 2008. His was @ IPEB for 14 weeks. It was over the holidays so you could take a couple weeks off because of that (I guess) and come up with 12 weeks, which seems to be the average. I spoke to my PEBLO and she says "8-10 weeks" like it's a practiced speech. I have a problem believing this though because of all the disparity for everyone that has posted in this thread. It must be dependent upon the condition, right? The way I see it, there is no way that they are doing the packages in order. Are there any PEBLO's or some people with updated timelines that can chime in?

Talked to my Peblo yesterday (Air Force) and reached my 90 days yesterday also she said that it would be another 3 weeks or so. So that would be at 15-16 weeks. I am going on a cruise to the caribean so it doesn't bother me too much but i sure am ready to go home already. Anyone know how long after you sign off they cut your seperation orders/outprocessing timeline? School starts March 29th and just trying to figure out if i should register or not. Thanks.

Notified of being MEB'd 15 June 2009
02 Sep 2009: NARSUM received
06 Oct 2009: Sent to Randolph
22 Oct 2009: Cleared for Board Review
22 Feb 2010: Results received 10% Medical Seperation

My package got sent to Randolph on Nov 8th. So it looks like I might receive results in a month. Looking at your timeline. I read a lot of your post and this is depressing as hell. My daycare quit because they thought I would have an answer before now and wanted to fill my son's slot with someone that would be there for a while. This process doesn't just effect us.......it makes it hell on our kids also. So basically, I will have to find another provider for 2 months. It's so unfair to my little 2 year old who doesn't adjust to new situation very well. The Air Force seems to screws it members and also the member's family. Are you happy with your results or are you going to appeal?

Talked to my Peblo yesterday (Air Force) and reached my 90 days yesterday also she said that it would be another 3 weeks or so. So that would be at 15-16 weeks. I am going on a cruise to the caribean so it doesn't bother me too much but i sure am ready to go home already. Anyone know how long after you sign off they cut your seperation orders/outprocessing timeline? School starts March 29th and just trying to figure out if i should register or not. Thanks.

Do it Little, I'm a full time student and I'm still active duty. Yeah it sucks b/c I pretty much have no life right now, but when I get my CNA certification come April; I'll be able to land a high-demand job part time and finish on my degree.

Notified of being MEB'd 15 June 2009
02 Sep 2009: NARSUM received
06 Oct 2009: Sent to Randolph
22 Oct 2009: Cleared for Board Review
22 Feb 2010: Results received 10% Medical Seperation

My package got sent to Randolph on Nov 8th. So it looks like I might receive results in a month. Looking at your timeline. I read a lot of your post and this is depressing as hell. My daycare quit because they thought I would have an answer before now and wanted to fill my son's slot with someone that would be there for a while. This process doesn't just effect us.......it makes it hell on our kids also. So basically, I will have to find another provider for 2 months. It's so unfair to my little 2 year old who doesn't adjust to new situation very well. The Air Force seems to screws it members and also the member's family. Are you happy with your results or are you going to appeal?

Do it Little, I'm a full time student and I'm still active duty. Yeah it sucks b/c I pretty much have no life right now, but when I get my CNA certification come April; I'll be able to land a high-demand job part time and finish on my degree.

Were any of your cases concerning multiple conditions that needed to be rated or was it just one? I'm hoping this has something to do with the time-line. I only have one condition and it should be pretty straight forward.

Were any of your cases concerning multiple conditions that needed to be rated or was it just one? I'm hoping this has something to do with the time-line. I only have one condition and it should be pretty straight forward.

Abyss-
Mine is for multiple conditions...Chronic PTSD and osteochondriotin desiscans (Layman's terms patches of cartilage missing in my right ankle joint) which I've had two surgeries for

That's a good question...I'm in Germany my PEBLO said 2 to 3 weeks MAX
IPEB (Walter Reed) received my packet on 12 Feb

That's a good question...I'm in Germany my PEBLO said 2 to 3 weeks MAX
IPEB (Walter Reed) received my packet on 12 Feb

Good luck on that timeline! I'm state side and I waited 4 months 3 weeks for a decision and I only had one condition that was in the package.

Trust me when I say I feel your pain. Waiting has been very difficult for me but what I did to pass time is a little pre-planning incase my decision was to get out. Why? When your decision comes back, there is not alot of time to get stuff done especially when you have a family like myself. Just brainstorm and think of things you need to get done and/or in order. Since I'm getting out, the pre-planning worked out really great because all of my ducks are in a row. This will make my transition smooth. Stay positive, keep doing your job to the best of your ability and focus on your family. Cause believe me that was the only thing that kept me sane :)

Good luck on that timeline! I'm state side and I waited 4 months 3 weeks for a decision and I only had one condition that was in the package.

I wonder why it's so short for us (Germany), friend of mine, now on terminal, it took his packet to get back from ipeb (walter reed) 24 days. That was right before I sent mine in on 10 Feb He had 2 injuries, ended up with 40% Why is it taking some people 3-4 months?? I can maybe understand a time difference with different branches of service, but why the variation within the same service, same location??

I wonder why it's so short for us (Germany), friend of mine, now on terminal, it took his packet to get back from ipeb (walter reed) 24 days. That was right before I sent mine in on 10 Feb He had 2 injuries, ended up with 40% Why is it taking some people 3-4 months?? I can maybe understand a time difference with different branches of service, but why the variation within the same service, same location??

Airforce?