Title 32 Technician Medical Retirement Scenarios (Please limit posts to "Technician Medical Retirements")

No I couldn't figure out how to login. I was never given a username and password and could not find a place to register. I meant for to ask and forgot about it. Did you login?
No I haven’t been able to, I thought all you needed was your CSA number and password to log in ?

No I haven’t been able to, I thought all you needed was your CSA number and password to log in ?
I just tried again to log in to OPM, it didn't work as I don't have a password. I tried to do lost password but that did not work. I was looking and I found a place where it says learn more about getting started clicked on it and it told me there should be a letter that I received after I get my CSA number letter that has a password it's temporary expires after 30 days. As far as I know I never received that letter so I don't have a password. The link also says that the only way to log in is to contact OPM and ask them to send me another password letter. Like everything government I called OPM but the number says busy call back at another time and hangs up. Thanks for bringing that up, actually gets me a pathway to try to do my online login. I got confused and then just forgot about it.

I just tried again to log in to OPM, it didn't work as I don't have a password. I tried to do lost password but that did not work. I was looking and I found a place where it says learn more about getting started clicked on it and it told me there should be a letter that I received after I get my CSA number letter that has a password it's temporary expires after 30 days. As far as I know I never received that letter so I don't have a password. The link also says that the only way to log in is to contact OPM and ask them to send me another password letter. Like everything government I called OPM but the number says busy call back at another time and hangs up. Thanks for bringing that up, actually gets me a pathway to try to do my online login. I got confused and then just forgot about it.
Ok, hopefully it works for you. When you log in let me know if it shows the progress of your disability packet. Thank you.

My conditions are service connected for sure, but I don't think I'll qualify for ch 61, as I was in a combat zone, but injuries weren't under hostile fire/actual combat/...I'm over 30percent, so I think I'd still qualify for 60/40. If I read the Ch 61 criteria correct, I don't think I'd qualify for that.
As long as you have LODs for your UNFITTING conditions AND they are rated 30% or greater then you automatically qualify for ch. 61 retirement AND automatically qualify for your 60/40 disability retirement from your technician job. Has nothing to do with combat zone or not.

Ok, hopefully it works for you. When you log in let me know if it shows the progress of your disability packet. Thank you.
I just called OPM, man are they behind. I was sent the CSA number January 11 after that you get a letter with the password to login online. They haven't sent me the password, you don't get a password tell your interim pay lol. You don't get interim pay tell you are approved disability retirement straight from OPM employee. The last employee told me weeks ago expected 5 business days to be paid interim. This lady told me I don't know why she said that its 30 to 60 days. Based on my timeline if you don't have a CSA number you have a very long time, how long only God knows.others on here have been put on interim pay in a few weeks I've been out 5 months. I was told in November expect 3 to 4 months. I thought that was for it to be completed either way the timeline is off.

I just called OPM, man are they behind. I was sent the CSA number January 11 after that you get a letter with the password to login online. They haven't sent me the password, you don't get a password tell your interim pay lol. You don't get interim pay tell you are approved disability retirement straight from OPM employee. The last employee told me weeks ago expected 5 business days to be paid interim. This lady told me I don't know why she said that its 30 to 60 days. Based on my timeline if you don't have a CSA number you have a very long time, how long only God knows.others on here have been put on interim pay in a few weeks I've been out 5 months. I was told in November expect 3 to 4 months. I thought that was for it to be completed either way the timeline is off.
Oh man, that is crazy. Well Let me see what I get out of them when I call. Thank you for the update.

Update got my CSA number yesterday.
Nice I'd say you're almost there, not based on my timeline. I just got a letter from DFAS,was like wooo could it be progress interim payment. Nope they say owe money to social security and if I don't pay it they will charge interest. They should pay me interest for taking 6 months or more to pay me!! Life is still good regardless.

Nice I'd say you're almost there, not based on my timeline. I just got a letter from DFAS,was like wooo could it be progress interim payment. Nope they say owe money to social security and if I don't pay it they will charge interest. They should pay me interest for taking 6 months or more to pay me!! Life is still good regardless.
Thanks, is it the social security they didn’t charge us during the pandemic ? Yes I think for the amount of time we have to wait for our pay, they should give us interest, Lol. I go home for a week on Monday, so I will go through the rest of my mail to see if the password is in there.

Thanks, is it the social security they didn’t charge us during the pandemic ? Yes I think for the amount of time we have to wait for our pay, they should give us interest, Lol. I go home for a week on Monday, so I will go through the rest of my mail to see if the password is in there.
OPM told me they send the password when your in pay status. Although OPM employee's have told me incorrect information. Yeah I didn't work enough military time last year to pay back social security.

Found this looking around seems like false information I was told by the last OPM person. Get the password with the CSA number and looks like to me you can check the status of interim pay. I hope next year at this time we aren't still trying to figure out what's going on with our retirement.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220423-201914.png
    Screenshot_20220423-201914.png
    283.9 KB · Views: 7
Found this looking around seems like false information I was told by the last OPM person. Get the password with the CSA number and looks like to me you can check the status of interim pay. I hope next year at this time we aren't still trying to figure out what's going on with our retirement.
Lol, I actually tried to log on last night, I tried to reset password and nope, had to have login one time. It was worth a shot.

Updating my situation-just received notice that I was found unfit. HR lady in Springfield said she doesn’t process many of these. She was looking into it.

Reading your updates has me concerned about insurance. We have GEHA, and we are a family of 5.

Updating my situation-just received notice that I was found unfit. HR lady in Springfield said she doesn’t process many of these. She was looking into it.

Reading your updates has me concerned about insurance. We have GEHA, and we are a family of 5.
Well, my recommendation is talk with your insurance company about arranging to keep it up. After you are officially separated I had paperwork that stated OPM will be the agency that keeps health insurance going not the old employing agency. You can try to talk with OPM honestly that's not easy and may go no where but could be worth it. The only way I knew I was good was while I was in LWOP status and my agency's HR talked me into separating, I was told it wouldn't have an impact on insurance. Everyone has told me if you file all your paperwork insurance Will pay you back. I'm not sure if at some point LWOP status can cause an issue. Were you just found unfit on the military portion of your job?

Well, my recommendation is talk with your insurance company about arranging to keep it up. After you are officially separated I had paperwork that stated OPM will be the agency that keeps health insurance going not the old employing agency. You can try to talk with OPM honestly that's not easy and may go no where but could be worth it. The only way I knew I was good was while I was in LWOP status and my agency's HR talked me into separating, I was told it wouldn't have an impact on insurance. Everyone has told me if you file all your paperwork insurance Will pay you back. I'm not sure if at some point LWOP status can cause an issue. Were you just found unfit on the military portion of your job?
Yes, I was only found unfit for the military portion for medical reason unrelated to line of duty. I’m a Title 32 though so I should go out on public law since I won’t be retained, right?

Yeah that's correct. OPM will process it as a normal Fers disability retirement which will be denied for the special provision public law one. If you are worried about insurance I would ask your HR about LWOP, I just don't know if it can stay that way tell the end. They really don't let you work very long after you find out about unfit. Something that sucked for me was that OPM wouldn't process Fers retirement without the military retirement/separation orders and AFPC was behind generating those. Do what you can though your personal office on base. Work with the higher ups in charge to get the ball rolling checking on the status of that and letting AFPC know it's holding you up. I think AFPC could take months after your separation to get your orders to you and you don't want that. Let me know if you have any questions maybe myself or Jesusej19 will have an answer. I know more now than I did a few months ago.

Wed100105, if you can please update us with your status as it will help other techs going through the process. If you medically retire, you’ll be able to get Tricare prime, also you would qualify for CRSC. Some of the info is on the thread, Jmc81 keeps up as well as I, thanks Jmc81

Wed100105, if you can please update us with your status as it will help other techs going through the process. If you medically retire, you’ll be able to get Tricare prime, also you would qualify for CRSC. Some of the info is on the thread, Jmc81 keeps up as well as I, thanks Jmc81
He stated it was not inline of duty so he won't get Tricare. Guard bureau is saying his condition has nothing to do nor was it aggravated by his military service. That's also what happened with mine, you do have a time frame to fight them but it's not long.

He stated it was not inline of duty so he won't get Tricare. Guard bureau is saying his condition has nothing to do nor was it aggravated by his military service. That's also what happened with mine, you do have a time frame to fight them but it's not long.
Yes, this is correct. What would I fight though? My condition isn’t related to my service. It does make me a nuisance to the Guard though because they can’t feed me. My position requires me to be deployable; that’s why I’m unfit and going through this process.

Updating-on the military side the girl told me today that I will retire. It will be effective two months from the date I sign the paperwork. I asked her if it is any special kind of retirement, and she said no, but she emailed the HR lady in Springfield (IL) for the civilian side of things to check on things since the military lady had never processed this before.

Is that right? Do I sign paperwork to retire? How can I ensure I’m doing the right thing for the civilian side to process it all correctly to qualify for FERS technician disability retirement under the public law?

Last edited: