Have any Marines been found unfit for chronic Migraines?

SgtDarkstar001

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Ok guys I’m about 1-2 months from my dr referring me to a PEB if the current round of migraine treatments don’t work. At the moment I am taking propranolol, sumatriptan, receiving Botox, and receiving occipital nerve blocks. I have been having these for the past year and my doctor said what happens next will determine if I’m boarded or not. So far I continue to have 15-20 migraines a month. What do you guys think I’m looking at? I have been on LIMDU for about 4 months, and light duty for 3 months before that. I have been unable to pt or go to the rifle or pistol range.

You have 15-20 migraines a month?! Sorry for what you're experiencing right now. Can you tell us more about your condition? Does it coincide with another medical condition? How did you get it? I believe the highest rating from the VA side is a 50% rating.

You have 15-20 migraines a month?! Sorry for what you're experiencing right now. Can you tell us more about your condition? Does it coincide with another medical condition? How did you get it? I believe the highest rating from the VA side is a 50% rating.
As of now I am only on LIMDU for the migraines. I also have depression, anxiety, and sleep apnea, but none of that is on my LIMDU paperwork so far. I don’t know what caused the migraines, they just started happening late last year/ early this year timeframe. Most can be managed to a degree by just not doing anything to aggravate them, but I also have several where I have to lay down with the lights off and avoid as much noise as possible.

The navy would not even put me on LIMDU for post-concussive migraines. I have them about 4-5 days per week. They suck. What made me NPQ was the meds the neurologist put me on. Still haven't been med boarded yet. On my first period of LIMDU.

I’m navy and got TRDL for migranes. Sent to meb after first limdu was up

Wow really? Lucky you. They just put me NPW for diving status and had me stop taking the meds so I could dive again. Now I’m LIMDU for PTSD so I started taking the drugs for migraines again. I’ve developed GERD from all the NSAID use for the last year and a half.

Wow really? Lucky you. They just put me NPW for diving status and had me stop taking the meds so I could dive again. Now I’m LIMDU for PTSD so I started taking the drugs for migraines again. I’ve developed GERD from all the NSAID use for the last year and a half.
Hopefully they get you med boarded soon. Biggest thing for me was always going to the ER when I needed to and keeping a log to give to my docs.

Hopefully they get you med boarded soon. Biggest thing for me was always going to the ER when I needed to and keeping a log to give to my docs.
I went to the Er once right after it happened. They diagnosed me with post concussion syndrome. Have seen PCM, Nuerology, and UMO about since the ER visit

As far as symptoms and diagnoses are concerned, I'm in a similar situation. Diagnosed with PTSD, migraines, sleep issues, post concussive syndrome amongst other things. Referred to MEB for PTSD. Are you still on LIMDU or have you been referred to MEB yet?