script async src="//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js">

Navy ipeb findings

NFO

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I’ve been told by my PEBLO and what feels like everyone else that this isn’t possible so I’ve had to turn down multiple job offers because of that. I’m glad that someone is getting help in this process. Who did you submit your memo to if you don’t mind?
It's sent to the PEB in the same manner your package is submitted. it will be essentially part of the package as if you submitted more medical documentation. they can read it and do nothing of course but if it's coming from a high ranking officer or official they will take it serious.

NFO

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
My ratings are in and sent back to the PEB.
VA.gov states:

Your claim decision is ready​

We finished reviewing your claim on Aug. 18, 2021. We sent you a packet by U.S. mail that includes details of the decision on your claim. Please allow 7 to 10 business days for your packet to arrive before contacting a VA call center. If you haven’t received the packet with the full details of your claim decision yet, you can see your rating by going to your disability page in eBenefits. Check your disability page in eBenefits for your rating.

Next step I'm told is the PEB concurs with ratings and sends to my PEBLO to have me sign and send back to PEB to generate an index sent to PERS-95 who then in turn generate the medical retirement orders. I'll let you all know when I get the email from my PEBLO to sign.

Jalalabadbad

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I found it in the documents tab on tricare online
Now I'm scared. I went to that documents tab and the most recent thing I see is "NEW IDES CASE" submitted by my PEBLO on June 2nd when it was sent up to the PEB. Nothing about the PEB accepting it or anything.

Reactions: POG

brokenshipmate

Registered Member
Nearly identical situation here. Signed PEB paperwork with PEBLO 27 MAY. Sent to PEB 4 JUN. New IDES Case is the latest thing in my document tab, nothing stating PEB accepted it. Hoping we’re not royally fucked.

Vk777

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
My ratings are in and sent back to the PEB.
VA.gov states:

Your claim decision is ready​

We finished reviewing your claim on Aug. 18, 2021. We sent you a packet by U.S. mail that includes details of the decision on your claim. Please allow 7 to 10 business days for your packet to arrive before contacting a VA call center. If you haven’t received the packet with the full details of your claim decision yet, you can see your rating by going to your disability page in eBenefits. Check your disability page in eBenefits for your rating.

Next step I'm told is the PEB concurs with ratings and sends to my PEBLO to have me sign and send back to PEB to generate an index sent to PERS-95 who then in turn generate the medical retirement orders. I'll let you all know when I get the email from my PEBLO to sign.
Nice! How long were you in the process?

Vk777

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
4 days. Found out unfit on the 14th, findings back on the 18th. Expecting to sign by the 20th.. standing by for email.
Ok, yea I got accepted on 27 May just kinda seeing what the timeline is like. I been in the process 91 days. My Peblo called me about 4 weeks ago and gave me my VA ratings but haven’t seen anything in writing. I been pretty patient with the process but I been in it since June 2020.

NFO

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
You are a month behind me, but the VA was more proactive with getting your proposed ratings done early. Your PEBLO and Lawyer can see the proposed ratings on the VA tracker quite early. The next will be probably your lawyer telling you from the VA tracker that you are UNFIT or FIT, etc... Once you have that the PEB will put in a formal request to the VA for the ratings. That response back takes 5 days, and then a formal message is sent to your PEBLO with your package for you to review and sign. Resubmit this package after signature and await PEB to send it to PERS to process and get you orders. My package was submitted April 24th, and accepted May 4th. I submitted a memo to the board around the 9th of August and everything has been quicker since then. I'm hoping to have orders by the end of the month. There are still people in middle April that haven't heard anything yet, so I don't know a timeframe but I wouldn't expect anything back from the PEB until at least middle to late September.

adamst2020

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
You are a month behind me, but the VA was more proactive with getting your proposed ratings done early. Your PEBLO and Lawyer can see the proposed ratings on the VA tracker quite early. The next will be probably your lawyer telling you from the VA tracker that you are UNFIT or FIT, etc... Once you have that the PEB will put in a formal request to the VA for the ratings. That response back takes 5 days, and then a formal message is sent to your PEBLO with your package for you to review and sign. Resubmit this package after signature and await PEB to send it to PERS to process and get you orders. My package was submitted April 24th, and accepted May 4th. I submitted a memo to the board around the 9th of August and everything has been quicker since then. I'm hoping to have orders by the end of the month. There are still people in middle April that haven't heard anything yet, so I don't know a timeframe but I wouldn't expect anything back from the PEB until at least middle to late September.
Wait hold on, youre package went to the peb when?

POG

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Yeah dude. You heard that right. Accepted in May and has results. Fuck me right??!! ridiculous.
See things like this makes me not believe the "first come first served" thing we're told and I lose more faith in the timelines of the process.

ATOM-22

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
See things like this makes me not believe the "first come first served" thing we're told and I lose more faith in the timelines of the process.
Yeah same, mine was sent to the board 14 April but wasn’t “with the med officer” until 22 May. So not sure if it goes by that date for first in first out. This entire thing is a shit show

adamst2020

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Yeah same, mine was sent to the board 14 April but wasn’t “with the med officer” until 22 May. So not sure if it goes by that date for first in first out. This entire thing is a shit show
mine was sent 19 APR and accepted by the peb on 19 APR. I don't know when it got to the med officer.

POG

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Crazy idea: you know the reports that the PEBLO's are sent every Tuesday? It's pulled from some tracker. Now if only they granted view only rights for that tracker to PEB participants, it would relieve a lot of questions and stress off PEBLO's and the PEB. That would also display a lot fo discrepancies and bring unwanted transparency to the navy PEB. Maybe that's why we don't have a tracker like the army.

adamst2020

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Yeah I have been thinking the same thing, why don't we have access to a tracker like the army? Probably because like you said it would be bad news for the Navy peb

NFO

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
It depends on how cut and dry your case is. I have 24 years in the navy and it was pretty cut and dry with my condition that I can't fly anymore so no longer need my services, and maybe the memo from my boss helped speed things up for me and where my next job is taking me, but who knows. I also found POCs at all the PERS and called the VA weekly, and my PEBLO was useless so I cut her out and mostly talked to my Lawyer. You have to be proactive, if you sit back and just wait for someone to do their job, you will be waiting awhile unfortunately. There is no incentive for Reservists or people actually working at the PEB to do things quicker or work overtime to catch up. Good luck all and don't let this stuff get you down and beat up on each other. No one has control here.

adamst2020

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
It depends on how cut and dry your case is. I have 24 years in the navy and it was pretty cut and dry with my condition that I can't fly anymore so no longer need my services, and maybe the memo from my boss helped speed things up for me and where my next job is taking me, but who knows. I also found POCs at all the PERS and called the VA weekly, and my PEBLO was useless so I cut her out and mostly talked to my Lawyer. You have to be proactive, if you sit back and just wait for someone to do their job, you will be waiting awhile unfortunately. There is no incentive for Reservists or people actually working at the PEB to do things quicker or work overtime to catch up. Good luck all and don't let this stuff get you down and beat up on each other. No one has control here.
Can I get a memo from your boss as well or no? Might speed up my case as well.